Every few days, I like to share a personal blog… something from my heart. I thought I’d tell you about my day so that everyone knows that pastoring doesn’t just take place on Sunday :)
- Started my day heading to the church at 6am for prayer. I was blessed to meet Zachary and Temo there. We had a good time in the Lord, praying for God’s Spirit to be poured out.
- I then started prepping for the In His Name outreach that started at 8:30. I brought along Zac and Emma and Zachary was there too. After a while Jerry showed up to help. We gave away coffee and water and shared the love of Jesus. We went through 2 cases of water but not much coffee. Jerry and Helen stopped by on the way out of town.
- Norma also stopped by and brought some gift bags for first-time guests to the church. The bags were nicely decorated and filled with homemade cookies.
- We finished up with the outreach around 10am, after talking to around 100 people in front of the post office. I then followed Jerry to look at a building that would meet our needs after we outgrow this one.
- Headed back to the home office to order 50 chairs, but got an email about 7 pews for sale about 2 hours away. After a few calls, it was arranged to buy the pews and pick them up this week.
- Next, I took the gifts bags that Norma made and wrote notes for each one and headed out to their homes. I took Zac and Emma and we stopped at 6 homes and talked with all but a couple (we left theirs at the door). God’s love was manifest as we fellowshipped with the people.
- It was now about 3pm and I headed to the church to measure out for the pews. They will just fit! It was 102 degrees in the church by that point, without the air on.
- I stopped by the post office and picked up the mail. My first course for my Doctor of Ministry program was in the mail and I started going through it.
- Along the way I arranged for some appointments tomorrow.
Jesus is building a church in Safford, Arizona and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it! There is much work to do and it will be done by the power of the Holy Spirit.
Now, I have to get to work with my secular job… God has told me that it is only temporary. The Word of God says that God has ordained that those who preach the gospel should live from the gospel (1 Cor. 9:14).
Holy (Holey) Pants
Romans 12:2: And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
I bought some new jeans on Saturday from one of those “good deal” stores. I really liked them, but after I wore them the first time, I realized that the pocket on the right side was out. Oh well, I still liked them and still had a left pocket. After I put them on, I must have dropped my cell phone into that pocket without a bottom at least 25 times. Each time, it shoots down my leg and bounces off my foot. Why do I keep doing that?! I have been putting my phone in my right pocket for years, dozens of times a day. It has become a subconscious habit. The Holy Spirit spoke to me and said that’s why My people need to renew their minds to the Word. They’ve been doing it a certain way for years and the habits are ingrained in them. They won’t change overnight, but through consistent study and meditation of the Word. Be faithful to come out to church and sit under the Word of God and be a doer of the Word through the week. Set apart time to study and get into the Word each day. As you do this, those habits will begin to change and you will begin walking in the perfect will of God. Now if I can just remember to stop dropping my phone down my leg :).